This message is from me, Reverend Father Mbaka and may you be blessed continually in Jesus Name – Amen.
Read the sermon below carefully and as you obey the words of God, your blessings even in this time are assured.
It is God’s will that every one be blessed, according to the Scriptures.
His promise of a fulfilling and abundant life is given to all, not a selected few.
• It does not matter who you are, what race or nationality, how educated or rich you are, whether single or married, God wants you to be blessed.
• He tells Abraham, “I will make you a great nation, I will bless you… and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Gen 12:2)
Obviously, for that to happen, a few things is necessary. Moses highlighted them:
FIRST, OUR BLESSINGS ARE IN HIS HANDS, NOT OURS
It’s good to remind ourselves that blessings do not come to us simply because of our hard work and good planning. It looks that way because we fail to see the grace of God.
• Apart from Him, we have nothing. He is the SOURCE of our blessings because this world is His handiwork.
• Everything we “own” actually belongs to God. The psalmist says, “The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” (Ps 24:1)
• He owns the blessings that we are receiving.
Moses paints God’s absolute control over all we have – verse 4 – the fruit of your womb, crops in the fields, livestock in the folds, and the harvests we gather in the barns.
• These products of nature are not within our control. They are gifts of God. In fact, I doubt if any blessing is ever, really in our control.
• We heard this common saying – that we can buy a bed but not sleep; food but not appetite; a house but not a home; medicine but not health; amusements but not happiness; religion but not salvation; a passport to everywhere but heaven.
• Blessings in life are gifts from God. Acknowledge that. Recognise it.
We see this refrain in this text: the Lord will grant, the Lord will send, the Lord will bless, the Lord will establish, the Lord will open, the Lord will make you…
• It’s all about Him. God will take us where money cannot, where people cannot, where our own wisdom and strength cannot.
• We need Him. Stay connected to God. Stay close to Jesus.
• If you do not know Him, consider Jesus today and put your trust in Him as your Saviour. It is only through Jesus we know God. You’ll be blessed if you know Him.
Deut 28:2 “All these blessings (that are not in your control but His) will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God.”
• Other versions put it – “and OVERTAKE YOU” (which is a more accurate translation).
• His blessings will come running after you. It is in abundance.
• Psalm 65:11 “You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.”
The second thing we need to know is:
SECOND, OUR BLESSINGS COME FROM OBEDIENCE, NOT WORKS
Since they are gifts of God, then they are not merely the result of human efforts.
Moses started with a big IF in verse 1 and ended with another in verse 13.
• If you fully obey and carefully follow all God’s commands.
• This is the way to His blessings – by doing life His ways. That is, the right way.
It is quite clear that God’s desire is to bless us with abundance and success.
• Beside material blessings, God promises to “set Israel high above all the nations on earth” (v.1); that “enemies who rise up against them will be defeated” (v.7); He will “bless all the work of your hands” (v.12), “make you the head, not the tail.” (v.13), and “always be at the top, never at the bottom.”
• God has His eyes upon Israel, to bless them with abundance and success.
The message is clear, God desires to bless us.
• But we need to understand one thing – He wants to bless us on His terms and in His ways. The abundance and success will come, but not in your own terms and ways.
• These blessings are different from what we can get from this world. They are from God and therefore they are enduring and lasting. What the world offers are fleeting and superficial.
When people pray for blessings, we want God to bless us on our terms. Bless me the way I want it.
• But God is not our agent to help us accomplish our will. He is the One who works all things FOR our good, but according to His perfect will.
• We are the ones who need to align to His will. His blessings flow when we are in sync with His will. Obedience is the key to blessings in life.
Send in your prayer requests through comments and we will pray for everyone today.