Manchester United Star footballer Paul Pogba has tested positive for coronavirus.
The 27-year-old midfielder from France has been left out of France’s squad for their upcoming Nations League matches next month.
Pogba’s teammate in the national side, Tanguy Ndombele who is a Tottenham midfielder, has also tested positive for the virus. He will spend 14 days self-isolating.
Didier Deschamps, France head coach confirmed the news while announcing the squad for the games.
On September 5, France is scheduled to play Sweden in Solna, and Croatia in Paris on 8 September.
Sky News reports that Pogba was due to be called up but has been replaced by 17-year-old Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga.
Deschamps told a news conference: “I’ve completed at the very last minute a change in the list, because Paul Pogba, who was previously on the list, unfortunately for him he carried out a test yesterday which was returned as positive this morning”
“So at the last moment, he had to be replaced by Eduardo Camavinga.”
This would also mean that Pogba will miss the start of the United’s pre-season preparations next week.
Along with the rest of the club’s squad, he had been given two weeks off – ahead of the club’s next competitive fixture on 19 September, when they are due to open their 2020/21 Premier League campaign against Crystal Palace.
He will now have to go into quarantine for a fortnight.
Manchester United said in a statement: “Pogba has been replaced in the squad after testing positive for COVID-19.”
“Everybody at United wishes Paul a speedy recovery ahead of the new season.